Threat Vector coming December 4

By Tom Clancy with Mark Greaney

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tom Clancy is back and the stakes have never been higher.

Jack Ryan has only just moved back into the Oval Office when he is faced with a new international threat. An aborted coup in the People’s Republic of China has left President Wei Zhen Lin with no choice but to agree with the expansionist policies of General Su Ke Qiang. They have declared the South China Sea a protectorate and are planning an invasion of Taiwan.

The Ryan administration is determined to thwart China’s ambitions, but the stakes are dangerously high as a new breed of powerful Chinese anti-ship missile endangers the US Navy’s plans to protect the island. Meanwhile, Chinese cyberwarfare experts have launched a devastating attack on American infrastructure. It’s a new combat arena, but it’s every bit as deadly as any that has gone before.

Jack Ryan, Jr. and his colleagues at the Campus may be just the wild card that his father needs to stack the deck. There’s just one problem: someone knows about the off-the-books intelligence agency and threatens to blow their cover sky high.

Comments

1. Jerry A. Estes says:

Sounds like you stole the plot from Dale Brown’s “Tiger’s Claw”.

• Mark Greaney says:

Looking on Amazon, Tiger Claw came out Sept 4. You aren’t really suggesting we read it and then wrote a 200,000 word book in a week, stealing the plot?

I haven’t had a chance to read Tiger Claw yet, (it’s only been out 5 weeks) but I’m confident the books have little to do with one another other than a modern conflict with China, a concept neither Tom Clancy nor Dale Brown have patented.

Hope you will check out Threat Vector and see for yourself.

• Jason Spinner says:

Idiot

2. Shirley Vreeland says:

When can we expect the next Gray Man book? Anxiously waiting.

• Mark Greaney says:

Shirley- It will be called Dead Eye and I am writing it right now. I’m headed over to northern Europe in a few weeks for research. Don’t have a release date yet, but surely sometime in 2013.

3. Mark, to hell with all the naysayers, your work is poignant and stimulating, absolutely brilliant. Thank you for being my new favorite espionage-ish writer. Hurry up on Dead Eye, I can hardly wait.

4. Mark,
    I have been a loyal reader of Vince Flynn and Brad Thor and now, of course, you!
    The Gray Man makes Mitch Rapp and Scot Harvath look like boyscouts! :)
    Thank you for such entertaining reads, I have ordered all your books for my Kindle Fire and look forward to all your future endeavor’s.
    Richard in Lakeland, TN

• BOY SCOUTS? Hardly!

Mark, I’ve enjoyed your Gray Man series and look forward to the release of Dead Eye. I just found out that you were working with Tom Clancy. I haven’t read any of his books since Jack Ryan became POTUS but now that I see your name associated with Tom’s, I’ll go back and read the one’s you worked on!
      Looking forward to your new book!

• BlueWizard says:

I wouldn’t say boy scouts but I will say Mark’s books have a lot more action, and his Court is right up there with Mitch and Scot.

5. Mark…keep up your outstanding writing. The ‘Gray Man’ is a teriffic series and I eagerly await your next novel. Your avid fan…Charlie K.

6. Thomas Markle says:

Mark,
    You and I have talked personally many times over the last year. It is always a pleasure talking with you. I have read all your books and the last one with Tom Clancy. Just could not put them down. I took your suggestion about The Fury books. Started them last week. Very good. I look forward to all your new ones coming out. All your books are fun to read.
    Thanks,
    Thomas Markle

7. mario montes says:

I’m so looking forward to Jack n the Gang. It seems like yesterday when I picked up Patriot Games back in LeJuene in 85. I’ve been hooked ever since!!!!

8. Concrats on a terrific book! Up to Threat Vector my favourites were Debt of Honor and Sum of all fears. Couldn’t put it down. Can’t wait for the next book. Any idea if and when there will be next book?

9. Finished Threat Vector a few weeks ago…EXCELLENT! I’m looking forward to Dead Eye. I’m running out of books to read while waiting for it. Finished all of Vince Flynn’s, Ben Coes’ and Dalton Fury’s books. Waiting on Daniel Silva’s Gabriel Allon books currently.

10. Hi

Just wanted to say I am about half way through Threat Vector and I am really enjoying it.
    I loved Locked On also

Great books

Matt

11. Hi, Mark;;

After finishing Threat Vector this week, I am heading out to grab all three of your books. I enjoyed Threat Vector a lot. I wonder if you could tell us how it works to co-author a book with Tom Clancy: what’s the process? How do you collaborate and share ideas and plot lines? Is there another effort between you two in the talking pr planning stages? Thanks for your works!

12. Hi Mark I read on the internet that you next book is coming out in Dec. Buy above you said Nov.

Just wanted to know. Can’t wait for the book. I can tell if a book is good. I read it once. When the book is excellent I read it at least 3 times.

Your books I read 3 times each.
    Thanks for the Grey Man novels.

Jeff

13. [email protected] says:

Only starting reading your series, but hooked and looking forward to reading them all.